Professional and reliable construction of dams
Dams are hydraulic engineering, water retaining structures of periodic or constant action. They serve for dividing the river or a drain, creating a difference in water level on opposite sides of the building.
Dams are made to protect the area from flooding, to protect waters from the impact of the water element. For example, the building of dams to protect the city or the fields from spring floods. They are also used for creating of artificial reservoirs for various purposes, in particular water storage basin. To organize the protection of the shore from erosion, building dams are erected with the help of dredges by hydraulic fill embankments. This method enables a high density of the soil, which does not require subsequent compaction of the embankment.
The basic requirements for a reliable dam
The design and construction of dams is performed for the hydropower industry, the needs of land reclamation, water supply areas, small boats, and also for the needs of agriculture and fisheries.
As waterworks, they must be reliable, ensuring the protection of the territory. So well built, the dam must match the following requirements:
- Resistance to the force of the water;
- Lowest possible shrinkage over a long period of time;
- Protection of slopes from waves, wind, and also from the damaging effects of ice;
- Massive, high volume and dimensions;
- Excellent tracking of the body of the dam with the shore;
- Preferred use for the mound of clay and loam, as they have low filtration coefficient;
- The presence of the outlet and spillway works.
Important moments in the construction of dams
Construction of dams is a very time-consuming and complicated process, which should be trusted only to еру professionals. During the design of such facilities you should take into account a number of factors:
- Natural and climatic features;
- Hydro-geological conditions of construction site;
- Specialization in hydraulic industry of the company, and experienced professionals;
- Technical equipment;
- Availability of soil and other materials for embankments.
During the construction of embankments such materials as sand, clay, loam, sandy loam, clay-concrete, a mixture of sand and gravel are used. It is important to strengthen the slope, which depends on the soil mound. For upland slopes the concrete, stone bulk, prefabricated and monolithic reinforced concrete types of the fasteners are used. The downstream slope is attached by planting of special grasses, gravel or crushed rock, and other light weight coverings.
A team of highly qualified specialists of the company LLC "PMK-77"will implement all of the stages of the construction of a dam at a decent level. It will design, prepare the site, prepare necessary documents, will make all the construction work and commissioning of the dam in operation. The company guarantees the timely execution of the project, the reliability and durability of the constructed hydraulic structures.